понедельник, 5 марта 2012 г.

Fitness as Medicine – The basics of fitness and nutrition

Fitness as Medicine – The basics of fitness and nutrition
Are you trying to change your lifestyle and use fitness as medicine?

The journey from eating junk food and sitting on the couch to nourishing your body with superfoods and shaping your body with proper training – it is a hard one.


Especially if you are overweight, underweight, have hormonal issues, sports injuries or any other kind of disease, finding a starting point is really hard. There is so much to learn and unfortunately, there is not many who can teach you. The internet has lots of information on weight loss, getting fit and building muscle but not all of it is from trusted sources and most of them are not based on actual science and knowledge of the human body.


Generic 3
I find it pretty absurd that there are trainers out there, that people write books about how to gain muscle and lose fat, without knowing the biochemical processes in our body.

How can you help your client lose fat if you don’t know what fat loss actually means in terms of human physiology?


Fit as Medicine – How it all started


I was exactly in this position 8 years ago – I had back pain due to scoliosis and I had a non-functioning gall bladder and was underweight. I was scared to eat food and I was overexercising – hours of cardio that is. It did not benefit me in any way and just made my joint pain worse.


Once I started medical school and learned how the human body works – that was the time “FIT as Medicine” was born. I realized that I need to fuel my body and food is my friend – not my enemy. I learned that I have to design my own workouts because none of the plans you can find on the internet suit a crooked spine. I started reading sports medicine and nutritional medicine papers and decided this was my passion.


I want to know how to train and eat with autoimmune diseases, PCOS, Diabetes, Heart Diseases etc.


We cannot heal our body JUST with Nutrition and Medicine. I am not a holistic practitioner. I believe and utilize traditional medicine but only when it is absolutely necessary. Because most of the time, the right foods and the right kind of training can work wonders for your healing process.


fitness as Medicine - the basics of nutrition and working out to live healthy - fitwithdeniza.com

This little Guide “Fit as Medicine- The Basics” is just the beginning. If you are the start of your journey and have no time to find trustworthy sources in the internet – this is for you. In this guide, I teach you:


  • All about Macronutrients
  • How to Track macronutrients and calories
  • How to increase your metabolism
  • Food List
  • The proper Portion sizes
  • The right amount of cardio
  • How to train right for your body
  • How to schedule your workouts (especially when busy)

This e-book is not finished and will be updated frequently. If you purchased the guide, you will get the updated version for free. Also, all of my clients get this for free as well.


I hope you will find this helpful. I am not doing this because I need the money (I already have my job as a doctor) but purely because I want to reach and help as many people as possible. However, I still invested quite a few hours of work into this, and just almost 10 years to educate myself, so a small fee is okay I guess!


If you have any suggestions for future topics, please share in the comments! I am thinking of adding chapters about Insulin resistance, PCOS, hypothyroidism but I could also write a completely new book just on hormones. Let me know what you think!


If you know someone who could benefit of this, please share on social media


xoxo


Deniza


0


Original article and pictures take i0.wp.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий